Sunday, February 4, 2007

Volun"tour"ing

Today was our first full day at the the center. While I was not sure what to expect - or even how much help I could be - I soon discovered the center is an amazing place and the staff is incredible.

It turned out that we were able to be of some assistance at meal times, by helping feed the children and cleaning up afterwards. One of the kitchen ladies was absent due to a family emergency, so all the cooking and cleaning fell to one (very hard) worker. Since anyone (including a foreigner) can help with the dishes, this is one place where we were able to shine!

After breakfast, we attended church with the Director, Mr. Park, and he took us to see a few sights around Jeju City. One stop was the O'Sulloc Tea Museum and here I am standing in one of the green tea fields. Since green tea is not a favorite, I passed on the green tea, green tea cookies, green tea potpourri, green tea candy, green tea ice cream.......

No comments: