Thursday, November 16, 2006

A wandering we will go.......

.

Erin and I decided to go somewhere. We were not sure where we were going, and we even considered traveling down to Osan.

I had it sorta figured out on the map and although I wasn't real sure of on how we would get there. It could not hurt to try. Besides, it is a smallish country - how lost could we get?? I did have the forethought to pack our toothbrushes in my backpack.......just in case we did not make it home. Well, we missed the train and just ended up in Seoul. It allowed us to finish up our Christmas shopping and even get my bearings on Osan. I think Meghan and I will head down there on Saturday.
While we were out and about, Erin was "interviewed" twice and I was "interviewed" once by different Seoul University students. It was probably a class project of some type or a ploy to practice English. The pictures are of us and our interviewers.

I purchased some original paintings, and this is the artist that did the painting. I have my eye on one of his larger pictures as one of my Korean momentos.
Erin and I spent about 10 hours snacking our way through the one teensy area of Seoul. We found a few yummy and a few not quite yummy items. I was surprised that she was so willing to try different things. She is still in search of the perfect hot dog. I am not so sure this is where she will find it.

Erin found this sculpture on the sidewalk outside Namyang Station. At this point, we were temporarily disoriented. We found ourselves, and them made our way to Yongsan Army Base for a late but substantial supper.




Here we are on the way home - we opted for the easy way home and took the military bus from Yongsan. This is the ride back on the bus after a long, cold and windy day. I was just as tired as I look - and that is pretty tired. The colorful curtains and seatcushions make the bus look like a circus, but the curtains are really nice when the sun is coming in.

Here is another tired tourist. Meghan was relieved to hear we were headed home and not stranded somewhere out there.




After a couple of days of rest, I will be ready to conquer Osan.

No comments: