Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Something Fishy......

I have seen these things for sale at various sidewalk vendors:

These are pretty ones - some have obvious dark and chunky bits peeking through the bread scales. Now if you see several of these stacked up, what is your initial thinking?

duh! FISH!

Since I am not fond of fish or anything fishy tasting (like seaweed) then I have never braved these fried morsels. Besides, in this neck of the woods, fish means a W-I-D-E variety of species (and their parts) prepared an even W-I-D-E-R variety of ways. ick!

Well, thanks to Meghan and her students I have been enlightened and I have now eaten one. The dark chunky bits are just mashed red beans, and these things are rather tasty. Whew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get your cat pics? Did you get your email?
SMILES your way!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I dunno if it looks like a fish....I am thinking it sould taste like one too....you are a brave woman lol:)