Monday, September 11, 2006

The Very Reverend Chaplain

Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted...........

Today, we met an upstairs neighbor, Annie. Annie has a young son named June, but he was too bashful to practice his English with us. Annie practiced her English with us, and mentioned that she and two of her friends would like English lessons. I jumped at the chance to barter some English lessons in exchange for Korean lesssons. With three of them (all are High School Teachers) giving lessons, then I should be able to pick up some language skills. It was a pleasant conversation until Cary mentioned that he was a chaplain (mok-sa-nim).

WOW!


Annie gasped, took two steps back, then went into a deep bow. She also proceded to let the chaplain know that she attended church that morning.

The resident "mok-sa-nim" has been warned to NOT get used to such treatment. Of course, every time I walk to the Camp, there is someone (usually an elderly Korean) that tells me I am beautiful. Mok-sa-nim has permission to extend, I like this place. ;)

*********************************************


The weather has been beautiful so far, but yesterday was a dreary and gray day. When we woke up, it was drizzly and wet. Dreary but facinating, because it was my first drizzly day in Korea! The clouds hanging low on the mountains were beautiful. I am sure gray, wet days will not be so captivating when I have things to do.

This is one drizzly view of the mountains
from the kitchen side of the apartment.


The block below is a large community garden.
This is a peek at the garden from 18 stories up.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, those are two bueatiful views.