Friday, May 4, 2007

All dressed up....




Jon and Mira at the Division formal.




I tried to get dressed up, but it just did not work out. I found out the end of April that a formal was scheduled for tonight. Since I was about the last to know, there was no time for mother to mail me the formal I had left at her house for this very purpose. I initially decided to just skip it, but the chaplain asked me to try and find a dress (Shopping! Oh, joy!) and go with him. After a herculean effort on my part that spanned three days, I finally found a dress. Not a perfect dress, but appropriate and (most importantly) cheap.

To make a long story short, in a distracted haste to get off the subway I managed to leave my dress on the train. Since it was not turned in to the lost and found, I managed to spend the evening at home in my t-shirt and flannel pajamas. Cary was jealous.

When I was telling Mira about my dress, she said, "Oh! It is a good thing you did not come. There was another dress there just like it!" Hmmmm...... I wonder if she found it on the subway!

No comments: